Fast Track to Romanian - BABEL CENTER Summer School in Timisoara
Between 6th July - 20th July 2014 BABEL Center Timisoara organizes a summer course on Romanian as a foreign language.
Because Timisoara is Romania’s intercultural capital. It has centuries of experience in the art of dialogue with 12 languages spoken and 8 religious confessions. Thus, Timisoara is a successful Babel. Learning another language and teaching others’ your own language is part of the town’s DNA. We know what it takes to feel a foreign language as your own.
Because our aim is excellence and innovation in teaching foreign languages.
Have you already seen the most modern course book for Romanian as a foreign language? Imagine you could spend two intensive weeks under the guidance of the author of the book and of a team of teachers passionate about the latest methods in teaching (active learning, interaction, authentic communication).
Well, here you can. You can study together with Daniela Kohn, Daniela Magiaru, Doriana Boc Andrasescu. We use as linguistic support the most up to date course book for Romanian as a foreign language: PULS (I + II).
Audience: + 18, no matter of the linguistic and cultural background
Levels: A1, A2, B1 (5 - 12 students/ group)
Number of hours: 60
- "the camp": module of linguistic training
- "learn with the locals": modules of tandem study with native speakers
- "cultural compass": cultural competence workshops with local experts, intellectuals, artists
- "stage nights": evenings with theatre shows and concerts (the 3rd August - the Day/Feast of the City)
- "gastrophysics": cooking course
- "explore": guided visit to the Arts Museum, guided tour of the city, visits to arts galleries, architecture studios, graphic design and artists’ workshops, one-day trip to a different region in Romania
- "reality check": pragmatic "missions", tasks to solve on your own in Timisoara
Linguistic Competence Certificate
At the end of the course, the students take an examination. A certificate of the level of linguistic competence is issued.
- Kohn, Daniela : PULS. Manual de limba romana pentru straini, nivel A1, A2, Polirom Publishing House, 2009 (course book, exercise book, 2 CDs)
- Kohn, Daniela : PULS. Manual de limba romana ca limba straina, nivel B1, B2, Polirom Publishing House, 2012 (course book, exercise book, 1 CD)
*** Hotel Casa Politehnicii 2 - bd. M. Eminescu nr.11, Timisoara
- twin room (breakfast included)
- facilities: internet, TV, phone, air conditioning
- private parking
- 650,- EUR (accommodation included)
- 450,- EUR (without accommodation)
The fee covers all costs related to accommodation (14 nights: 6th July - 20th July), lunch (Monday - Friday), all the activities included in the program, course support.
The fee does not cover the international and internal transport, the visa (if applicable), hotel extra services (mini bar, phone calls etc.) and medical assistance.
Application Deadline: 16 May 2014
tel: +40 256 24 44 00 (Monday - Friday, 12.00 - 20.00)
- Manuela Murariu (English, German, Romanian) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniela Kohn (German, Romanian) - email@example.com
Babel Center SRL
RO24 RZBR 0000 0600 0686 0383, Raiffeisen Bank
cod SWIFT: RZBRROBU
Terms and Conditions:
For the enrollment in the programme the participation fee (650) has to be paid by the 15th of June only after receiving the organisers' confirmation.
This confirmation will be sent to you by the 20th of May. Please do not book your flight ticket prior to receiving the confirmation.
Cancellation policy: until 16 May the participation fee is refunded.
After 16 May an amount of 150 Euro will be charged (organizing fee).
If you are part of an organisation registered with Erasmus + programme, you can apply for full funding for your participation to Fast Track to Romanian under Erasmus + Key Action 1 - International Mobilities. The deadline for application is 17 March. Please contact your Erasmus + National Agency for details about the application. http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/national-agencies_en.htm